I've been doing alot of figure drawing using this site: http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php. It's not as good as the real thing, but when the closest figure drawing group is thirty+ miles away, you improvise.
Here are some 2 minute sketches.
And below are some 30 second sketches. These are the funnest to do. Since you only have 30 seconds, it forces you to stop thinking in terms like "arm", "leg", "neck", etc. and instead makes you focus on shape.
Hey thanks Aloke_316. I've been drawing since I was very little. When I was about 12 became obsessed with comic books and started drawing nothing but superheroes (people). It just takes lots and lots of continued practice. I'm nowhere near as talented as I'd like to be. lol.
Awesome...since wen r u drawing...i too have started Gesture sketching from dat site but i take more than 5 min to sketch a proper gesture!!
ReplyDeleteHey thanks Aloke_316. I've been drawing since I was very little. When I was about 12 became obsessed with comic books and started drawing nothing but superheroes (people). It just takes lots and lots of continued practice. I'm nowhere near as talented as I'd like to be. lol.
ReplyDelete